The 9 Line Trail is one of the most popular hiking trails in North Salt Lake County, and the man-made pond attracts fishermen from as far away as Utah and Idaho.
The pristine Murdock Canal Trail, located in the Utah Valley, opened in May 2013 and was built over the now closed canal. The area around the freeway is fed by the private McDuff and McNeil Springs, located about 800 meters south of the 9 Line Trail and a few miles north of Murdocks Creek. After some landowners along the highways were concerned that landowners around them would not provide them with additional water for the springs, citizens formed a committee to write a petition to establish a city to gain control of this water system.
On September 3, 1946, the Davis County Commission transferred the designated area, which was about 456 acres, to the city of North Salt Lake. County Commission Chairman Amasa Howard appointed two members of his commission, David H. Smith and William L. Miller, to the City Council. On August 1, 1961, it became a city in North Utah County, Utah, USA, under the jurisdiction of Davis County, and became the "City" of "NorthSalt Lake."
The city has a large industrial center stretching west along I-15 to Great Salt Lake and north to West Bountiful. The trail leads from Hidden Hollow Drive, as it is called in local parlance, to Hobbs Reservoir and Hobb's Pond. It turns onto a busy road and later becomes US Highway 89 / 91 and leads through the Farmington Bay Waterfowl Management Area, where it joins the Legacy Parkway Trail.
The Lindon Heritage Trail allows users to travel from one city to another without a car. The Legacy Parkway Trail is a useful and efficient commuter route as it is fully paved and has no road crossings.
The Bingham Creek Trail is an asphalt, gravel road from the east side of the city to the west side. The East 224 Connector Trail provides a direct link between the Ogden intermodal hub and the city centre. This is a short commute in Ogden that allows pedestrians and cyclists to connect to other active transportation corridors through the Weber County Transit Center and its intermodal hub.
When completed, the Crosstowne Trail will be one of the first of its kind in North Salt Lake, leading from one end of the West Valley City to the other. The Barney Creek Trail (sometimes also called Barney Wash Trail) is a multi-purpose trail that follows a watercourse of the same name. With the completion of this trail, North Utah will take its name from the "Barney Wash" trail, after its namesake.
Intermountain Ice Packing was built on Center Street, directly across the railroad tracks, and it became the largest meat packing facility in the United States at the time on the road that is now called Center Street and called Cudahy Lane. In 1916, the CUDAHy Meat P Packaging Company purchased the meat packaging plants in North Salt Lake from the Intermountains Ice Company. Cattle were shipped to the area, slaughtered for the market at one of their abattoirs, and then shipped back to an abattoir in West Valley City, where they were slaughtered and put on the market.
In 1895, Leary and Warren founded a company called Salt Lake Union Stockyards, which brought cattle to North Salt Lake. In 1879 Samuel S. Howard bred cows and founded his own dairy, the Bountiful Dairy, and a family called Schmidt bred pigs. Many of the slopes were too steep to be dug, but they produced several sand and gravel pits. Before leaving the salt lake area and traveling north, several steaming hot springs and ponds were found in the area.
The first houses built in the area were rough dugouts that provided at least some protection from winter storms. Winegar built his first house on the west side of the Salt Lake River, and a contract was signed to buy water for the house.